Wilko is one of the UK’s most popular outdoor living, garden, and homewares retailers. They’re currently running a campaign called WilkoHaveYourSay where customers can leave feedback and go in the running to win a £100 Wilko Gift Card.
You may be a little hungry after completing Wilko’s survey, which is why you’re in luck if you’ve recently visited a Subway restaurant. Why? Because Subway is also hosting a survey just like this one, but they’re giving everyone who participates in it free cookies. Simply head over to the SubwayListens survey at www.SubwayListens.com, answer all their questions, and the cookies are yours. Enjoy!
|End Date||December 31, 2025|
|Prize||£100 Wilko Gift Card|
Wilko want to keep the survey as fair as possible for everyone that takes it, so there are a few rules you’ll need to follow:
- You must be over the age of 18
- You must be a resident of the United Kingdom
- You must not be an employee of Wilko or be a family member of an employee
- You must claim your prize within 14 days of announcement otherwise you might forfeit it
Instructions for www.WilkoHaveYourSay.com
If you recently made a purchase at one of their stores, you’ll need the long receipt number to be verified by the survey:
- It’s a twenty-five (25) digit code printed near the barcode
Don’t worry if you don’t have a receipt – you can still take the survey and enter the sweepstakes.
Not sure where your receipt number is? Check this example:
Now that you’re all ready to go, follow these instructions:
- Visit the official website hosting the WilkoHaveYourSay survey, type in www.WilkoHaveYourSay.com, or click the link further down
- Enter in your survey code which is also your receipt number if you have one
- If you don’t have one, they still want your opinion, just click “I didn’t make a purchase” when choosing which method to use
- Now that you’ve been verified, answer all the questions the customer satisfaction team has for you
- Near the end of the survey, you’ll need to provide them with a few personal details in order to enter the £100 Gift Card giveaway:
- First name
- Last name
- Email address
- Phone number
- All done! You’ve just completed the Wilko survey and are on your way to winning a £100 Gift Card. Good luck 🙂
Here’s a short video about the survey with some of the questions they ask:
The survey team may ask questions similar to the following:
- Which Wilko store did you visit and at what time?
- How often do you shop at and/or visit their stores?
- Overall, how satisfied were you with your recent experience?
- How likely is it that you’ll recommend this particular store based on your experience?
- Did any team members go above and beyond to help you?
- Is there anything extra Wilko could have done to improve your experience?
- What would you rate the level of staff helpfulness?
- Was the overall store environment to your pleasing?
Here are some screenshots from WilkoHaveYourSay.com so you know you’re at the right place:
From its establishment in 1930, Wilko has grown to become one of the UK’s largest homeware retailers. Their product lineup now includes textiles, cleaning products, cosmetics, stationery, pet products, and much more. It can be argued that one of the reasons they’ve been able to successfully grow into so many areas is through continuously listening to customer feedback, as you see here with the WilkoHaveYourSay survey.
It all started back in 1930 when James Kemsey Wilkinson opened the first store called Wilkinson Cash Stores. It held the name for 11 years and then became Wilkinson Hardware Stores. Over the next 70 odd years, it was still the same, until 2015, when the company finally decided to modernise itself and change their name to Wilko Retail, or more simply known as Wilko.
Wilko started as a private company and remains that way. In fact, it’s never left the Wilkinson family, with Tony Wilkinson and Lisa Wilkinson now owning 100% of the company themselves.
Wilko in the Community
As you can guess by the survey you see here, Wilko very much care what their customers think, and one of the ways they aim to bring up that satisfaction rating is by always giving back to the community.
In particular, Wilko has partnered with the Alzheimer’s Society, Save the Children, Teenage Cancer Trust, and many more charitable organisations. They plan on running many different fundraisers, aiming to give £5m to non-profit organisations.
They’re major believers in cleaning up the environment, recently becoming the major sponsor for the 2019 Great British Spring Clean.
Wilko’s Customer Satisfaction
Wilko always aims to provide its customers with the absolute best shopping experience possible. They do this by holding giving away give cards in exchange for customer feedback, but also by sticking to their main company values:
- Be better every day
- Simply help
- Pull together
- Respect each other
- Make it fun
You can read more about their vision and what their family business is about here.
Wilko has big plans for the future, aiming to both keep ahead of its competitors and continue to grow as a company. One of the ways they’re doing that is with automated packaging – and seeing as though plenty of their customers have left some poor feedback on www.WilkoHaveYourSay.com about the excess packaging, this should be a good move for them.
All in all, if Wilko continues to play a big role in their local community and continue to offer great products at great value, they’ll be around for a long time to come.
If you ever want to see some wholesome useful content, make sure to check out their Youtube channel:
Wilko aren’t the only national company rewarding it’s customer for leaving feedback – McDonald’s is doing it too. And you’ll be pleased to know, if you’re a recent customer of McDonald’s and have been invited to take the McDFoodForThough survey at www.McDFoodForThoughts.com, you’re guaranteed free food on your next visit.
Talk To Wilko Staff
Feel like speaking to one of their staff outside of the WilkoHaveYourSay survey? Your best bet for a quick response would be to message them on social media:
If you don’t want to do that, you can use their store locator to find one near you and contact them directly. Or, you can give their national customer helpline a call on 08000 329 329. Otherwise, you can send them a message through their website.
Their head office is located at:
JK House, Roebuck Way, Manton Wood
Worksop, Notts, S80 3EG
Hi there! I’m Emma – I’m the lead editor here at Opinionr. I write about many of the customer satisfaction surveys and feedback opportunities that stores have. Stores love it when you give them feedback and often reward you for giving it to them – fantastic! Got a question? Let me know! You can check out all my posts on my profile – Emma Jones