Write my review
Countdown is one of New Zealand’s largest grocery stores – serving more than 3 million customers every week. They’ve grown so huge simply because they listen to what you, the customer, has to say. They value your feedback so much they’re giving you the opportunity to win a $500 Countdown Gift Card.
All you have to do is take the Countdown Listens survey right here at www.CountdownListens.co.uk and give them your feedback.
This way of gathering feedback from customer is quite common in New Zealand and around the world.
Another massively large company in the country, The Warehouse, is conducting a similar survey. Simple take The Warehouse Feedback survey at www.TheWarehouse.co.nz/Feedback and you could win $100 to spend at their stores.
Countdown Listens Details
|Survey Name||Countdown Listens|
|Entry Method||Online Survey|
|Survey Prize||$500 Countdown Gift Card|
There’s two ways you can enter the survey. Either by using the tax invoice code printed on your receipt, or via an invitation code that you’ve received.
Here’s an example of a receipt where you can find the survey code information:
Once you’ve got the receipt and the number ready to go, follow these instructions:
- Search for CountdownListens, head directly to www.CountdownListens.co.nz or click the link a bit further down
- Once you’re at the main page, you’ll a brief section explaining what the survey is and how it works. Click “Being Survey” to start
- On the first page, you’ll be asked to enter in the store number of the Countdown you visited and the transaction number. As well as the date and time you visited the store
- After the survey system verifies you, go through the survey and answer all the questions their feedback team has for you
- Near the end of the survey, you’ll be asked whether you want to participate in their $500 gift card giveaway
- If you select yes, you’ll need to enter in some personal contact information in case you are the lucky winner
- And you’re all done! You’ve just completed the CountdownListens survey and are in the running for a $500 gift card to their stores. Good luck!
The team behind the survey at Countdown may ask questions like this one:
- How likely is it that you’ll recommend this specific Countdown store based on your experience?
- On a scale of 1-10, how satisfied or dissatisfied are you with your most recent visit to their store?
- Did any of their staff members go out of their way to help you?
- Is there any other feedback you’d like to give their company?
Here’s a video of the survey so you know exactly what you’re doing:
These questions are quite similar to those being asked by Coles, one of the largest grocery stores in Australia. They are also hosting a survey to gather feedback at TellColes.
Here are some screenshots from the www.CountdownListens.co.nz survey:
Countdown is a subsidiary company owned by Woolworths, one of the largest grocery stores in Australia. Woolworths opened its first store way back in 1929 in Wellington. It wasn’t until more than 50 years later when the first Countdown store opened in Christchurch. As you know, this would be the start of something massive.
Over the following decades, the company would grow and merge with many others, leading to a retail group that would control a huge chunk of the New Zealand retail industry.
Today, there are over 180 Countdown supermarkets around the country, employing more than 18,000 people. This makes them one of the largest employers in New Zealand. Their supermarkets have a heavy focus on freshness, with their locations receiving over 250,000 deliveries every year.
One of the reasons they’ve been able to grow to such a large company, yet still be loved by the community they serve, is their ability to focus on customer service. The Countdown Listens survey you see here today is just one of the many methods Countdown uses to gauge their customer satisfaction and how they can further improve their offerings.
Surveys like these are not uncommon in the retail industry, nor in the fast food industry. Take McDonald’s in Australia, for example. They have been running the McDonald’s feedback form at Macc.as/Feedback for quite a while now, and have arguably gained an invaluable amount of customer feedback from the initiative.
With more community-focused programs such as sensory focused hours, it’s likely we’ll see Countdown continue to grow throughout New Zealand.
Another company which has grown dramatically thanks to their attention to customer feedback is Noel Leeming. They’ve become one of the largest consumer electronics retailers in New Zealand thanks to feedback generating initiatives such as the survey at www.NoelLeeming.co.nz/Feedback.
Talk To Someone At Countdown
Want to speak to someone working at Countdown instead of taking their survey? Send them a message on social media instead:
If you don’t want to do that, you can give them a call on 0800 40 40 40 or have a read of their FAQs. Finally, you can use their online store locator to find a Countdown near you and speak to them in person.
Hi there! I’m Emma – I’m the lead editor here at Opinionr. I write about many of the customer satisfaction surveys and feedback opportunities that stores have. Stores love it when you give them feedback and often reward you for giving it to them – fantastic! Got a question? Let me know! You can check out all my posts on my profile – Emma Jones